IGROUP PRESENCE QUESTIONNAIRE (IPQ)
The Igroup Presence Questionnaire (IPQ) is a scale for measuring the sense of presence experienced in a virtual environment (VE). It has been constructed using a large pool of items and two survey waves with approximately 500 participants. It was originally constructed in German, but is now also available in English and Dutch.
computer science | psychology | art | engineering | design | media sciences | architecture
weimar | jena | ulm | leipzig | bonn | hong kong | eindhoven | freiburg | london | dunedin | hull | oslo
cAR/PE! – 3D Teleconferencing
We have developed an Augmented Virtuality (AV) based videoconferencing (VC) system: "cAR/PE!". Our first solution allows three participants at different locations to communicate over a network in an environment simulating a traditional face-to-face meeting. Integrated into the AV environment are live video streams of the participants spatially arranged around a virtual table, a large virtual presentation screen for 2D display and application sharing, and 3D geometry (models) within the room and on top of a virtual table.
- Enabling local, regional, and worldwide collaboration
- 3D-Videoconferencing on the Desk
- Enabling ad-hoc and natural communication
- One System for Communication, 3D-Data, and Presentation
- Low-Cost systems
- Distributed Data Integration (PDM)
- Minimal Infrastructure Requirements
- Remote Application Sharing
- Highly Innovative and Enjoyable; Increasing Quality, Reducing Delays; Reducing Travel Time
- all meeting scenarios with remote participants
- 3D product evaluation
- interface evaluation (3D User Interfaces - 3DUI)
- Regenbrecht, H., Lum, T., Kohler, P., Ott, C., Wagner, M., Wilke, W., Mueller, E. (2004). Using Augmented Virtuality for Remote Collaboration. Presence: Teleoperators and virtual environments, June 2004.
- Regenbrecht, Ott, C., Wagner, M., H., Lum, T., Kohler, P., Wilke, W., Mueller, E. (2003). An Augmented Virtuality Approach to 3D Videoconferencing. International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, Tokyo/Japan, October 2003.
cAR/PE! screen shots